Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dreams, Teens and Abilities

Last night I had a dream. The longest dream I've probably ever had, it covered my entire life from junior year until died. It's pretty freaky watching yourself die- i saw it all, but i woke up fine. No cold sweat no gasping. I was okay. But anyway, maybe i didn't freak out about me dying because i lived a pretty cool life.

Let me start at the beginning, my three friends and I were depressed that summer was over, junior year was about to begin. My new house had a massive backyard, and my friends Sweetie, David, Edward and I take a walk and discover a pond- too small to be called a pond really, but not big enough to call a lake. It spooked us a little that a large pond was just sitting in the middle of about 50 acres, and even more weird, the water was crystal blue- like Cancun or Bahamas blue. OK in dreams, I guess common sense doesn't rule or maybe we were just a couple of teenagers wanting to go for a dip...very badly; but either way we got in. The sand in the pond didn't cloud the water as it should have, but for some strange surreal reason we didn't get out or consider that that was the last bit strange. Well, the next morning, we woke up and find that each of us had strange abilities. I could hear people's thoughts. What they really meant when they said something. As the week went on, my friends and I discovered that our abilities fluctuated from week to week. It was pretty cool, needless to say and I'd rather not describe how I died. :/


I thought it would be a cool story idea. Maybe I could develop and concentrate on the characters, the four kids in my dream, and create a story to go with it. What do you think? :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a long dream. I've never died in a dream but I understand the whole abilities thing, I often fly or run really fast in those dreams, and it seems so natural and effortless that when you wake up you wonder why it can be so easy in another world, and yet unatainalbe in the real one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wonder why that is... but usually when i have those dreams where I can fly or hear people's thoughts, I wake up right away. This time it lasted until much later- my whole life! Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a great premise for a story. There are so many ways to go. Maybe they all go do good will with their powers, maybe some can't handle it. Maybe their background before the incident influences what they choose. And because you can hear people's thoughts, you have to choose to intervene or not for people you sense are in trouble, but they haven't told anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd like to be capable or hearing people's thoughts. It must be tiring to hear all those people speak and think at the same time, and it would take some time to adjust (like every new ability). Maybe if there were a way to turn that off at will, maybe then it could be useful= stop conflicts, play card games and win every time, It could be very useful for me if I ever become a psychologist.

    ReplyDelete