Friday, January 23, 2009

Once Around...

Today was a day of laughing, crying and reunion. Grandparent's day at Providence High School is a day of events such as Mass in the morning, breakfast for the grandparents of the girls, and fellowship in the crammed, yet homey "Provet Cafe". But this year, I didn't get to attend this annual day of no classes, roaming the school with grandparents and friends, and then making their way to the gym for the grand finale of the variety show.


I made the decision just last night to attend the variety show, at least. I miss my Provet friends alot. I'm not going to explain my situation, why I don't go to Providence High School anymore. But I will say that I always feel at home when I'm on Providence property. Well anyway, as my dad dropped me off, I looked at the gym and I knew that I was home. The Providence High School variety show 2009 was filled with wonderful and exciting acts, funny and heartwarming acts, and I enjoyed every second. But it was the last act, the finale of the afternoon. The varsity basketball girls, all seniors, the girls I have come to know and love came on to the stage, with "Conga" by Gloria Estephan playing. They did a hilarious dance number to their normal basketball pre-game warm-up, dancing and shimying on the stage, drawing applause and whoops and laughter from the audience. Respect for the seniors, as well as genuine love and humor from the other PHS girls. Gosh, I felt the tear well up, it suprised me. With my sister next to me, I broke down. Seeing everything I knew and loved, my home, where my whole heart and soul is- moving on without me. Homesickness is really the only word I can use to describe my feelings at this point. Wow, to watch this from the outside looking in was just too much for me, so I went to the restroom to clean myself up. After the show, I met up with my best friend in the whole world, Kimberly. This reunion was met with more tears as i saw her in the crowd of girls and granparents. She ran and almost tackled me, our reunion was full of tears as she sobbed in my shoulder and told me that she missed me and called me an idiot. :D thats my Kimbo, my other half. Well, I'm glad i wen today and that I saw my freinds, and the most comforting thing, along with their welcoming embraces, was the knowledge that i would return. I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment